Secrets of List Building
List Building Secret #24 - Don't Buy Mass Email Lists
I was just reading a post on a well known marketing forum today and I read a
post from one guy who said he had access to a list of 800,000 email addresses from people who were interested in making money.
He said his friend owned the list and was willing to let him use it for a mailing,
but he said not to mention his name at all in the mailing.
This should have been the first alarm bell for this guy. Not to mention that this guy wasn't sure how the list was compiled or how the people subscribed to this list.
It wasn't even just one big mailing list, it was a bunch of lists stuck together.
If this guy does decide to mail to this list, he will be accused of spam, he will get into major trouble and he will NOT make any money worth the effort.
Never EVER send emails out to lists you don’t know anything about EVER. Never buy bulk email lists.
List Building Secret #23 - Make Sure To Keep Your
Newsletter Off Spam Lists!
Here are some very useful tips to make sure you stay out of hot water when it
comes to being called a spammer.
* Make Sure Your Email Message is Compliant with the CAN-SPAM Law.
* Make sure your list is double opt-in
* Keep detailed records of all subscribes and unsubscribes. IP addresses, when they subscribed when they unsubscribed.
* Don't ever purchase bulk email lists or harvest emails from the Internet
* If you use co-registration companies, make sure they are reputable and don't use shady methods of traffic gathering.
* If you have an Affiliate Program, make sure you include an "anti-spam"
provision in your agreement.
* Avoid using spam trigger words like "spam, free, special, guaranteed" etc....
List Building Secret #22 - Use A Dynamic Email Signature
This is so simple, yet people forget to even do it or do it properly. If you send out quite a few emails every day, this is a great method to pick up some new subscribers.
All you need to do is at the end of each email you send out, have a 4 line ad for your newsletter. You could use a classified ad you've already written for ezine advertising.
You will be surprised how many people will sign up for your newsletter.